Part 3: Oh Lordy, Leave Me Alone! Help for Tenants

As a tenant, you are entitled to protecting yourself under the Residential Tenancies Act (RTA) in numerous cases including lack of maintenance of home, your rights and taking action against termination notices given in bad faith.  As a tenant you may file applications in respect to matters such as suite meters, sublet or an assignment and more. However, it is essential to follow the correct procedure otherwise the application may become void.

Every situation is unique and a paralegal can help you navigate through the confusion of filling out the application, filing the application and can represent you before the tribunal.  Below are a number of applications available for tenants under the RTA. Need more information? Still have questions? Leave a comment so I can clarify any questions you may have.

Please don’t forget to like, share, comment and follow The Social Paralegal on Facebook if you have not done so already.

  • T1  Tenant Application for a Rebate
  • T2   Application about Tenant Rights
  • T4  Tenant Application – Landlord did not Comply with an Agreement to Increase Rent Above the Guideline
  • T5 Tenant Application – Landlord Gave a Notice of Termination in Bad Faith
  • T6  Tenant Application about Maintenance
  • T7 Tenant Application About Suite Meters
  • A1   Application about Whether the Act Applies
  • A2  Application about a Sublet or an Assignment
  • A4   Application to Vary the Amount of a Rent Reduction

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s